I’ll be linking up with To-Do Tuesday which is now hosted by Linda from Texas Quilt Gal! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on or have finished.
Last To-Do list:
1. Continue with my scrappy leader/ender project. No Progress
2. Keep sewing my pieces for my EPP projects. No Progress.
3. Get the interfacing on the tshirt pieces and start making the blocks for the memory quilt. No progress.
4. Finish my projects and blog posts for the next two blog hops. No Progress
5. Start putting together some quilts for the flood victims. I haven’t heard of anyone collecting quilts yet so I’ll have some time to put something together. No Progress
6. Try to get away to the studio for a few days to get some quilts finished on my longarm. I am at the studio but do not have any quilting time right now.
7. Do not let Sam or any other squirrels distract me this week. 🐿
This week’s goals:
For the rest of this month my goals are very limited. As I mentioned in a previous post my best friends of 30 years have some issues. D. Had a heart attack a couple of years ago and has been left with limitations. When I travel to the studio I spend some time cleaning and doing meal prep for them. K still is a working man and now does 90% of the household chores and cooking when he gets home from work. He collapsed last week at work and after testing, X-rays and cat scans has been diagnosed with lung cancer. He is going in to the hospital Monday to have the fluid drained and more tests. Due to Covid we can not go in to the hospital again so it is going to be a difficult time for all of us. Right now I’m splitting my time between being there to help my friends while we are waiting for the prognosis and treatment plan to be set up and being home for my DH to take him to doctors appointments. We also are scheduled for our booster shots on Thursday. It feels as if I’m spending half my time in the car travelling back and forth, but DH is more comfortable at home. Being with my friends is not an option for him. He lost his first wife to cancer and is finding this situation to be traumatic. In the meantime, D and I are keeping busy, cleaning, putting up Christmas decorations (there are 27 trees in the bins and boxes 😳), baking and trying to get things ready for their Christmas whatever comes when K comes home from the hospital.
So my Christmas budget is being spent on gas, travelling back and forth. I’m so glad I finished the littles gifts and got them in the mail early this year. My DIL let me know their parcel has arrived. Now I just need to hear if the other 3 households have received theirs yet. 🤔
I’m trying for at least 15 minutes a day, but also want to at least spend 15 minutes tidying up and dealing with scraps.
- Previous time – 317/346
- This 1 week period– 0/0
- Year To Date – 317/346
To see how our blogging friends are doing check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
- Fabric previous balance: 8 Yards
- Fabric Used: 0 yards
- Fabric Bought: 0 yards
- Balance in stash to use this year: 8 Yards
* my goal is to lessen my stash by 100 yards. 😅
* any fabric used from the scrap bins, was gifted or a prize; doesn’t count as stash
Sunday Stash @ Quilt Paint Create
15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal