My week went well and I managed to get safely home from the studio with just a bit of weather to contend with. Since I’ve been home we have had snowy days and rainy days. It’s another weird weather winter.
1. Keep working on my hand quilting, EPP projects and leader/ender projects. I have a finish (actually more than 1, but I can only share one now)! 😉
2. When I get back to the studio next, make the time to quilt my version of A Roll of the Dice which is back on the frame.
3. Finish my second Heading North quilt, designed by Sandra of MMM Quilts. No progress.
4. Finish my project for Shades of Blue being hosted by Carla of Creatin’ in the Sticks. Just need to write my post! 😉
5. Start on my project for I’m Kinda Sweet on You Blog Hop once I decide what to do. Decision made and sewing has begun! 😉
6. Keep working on my Dresden blocks and Double Wedding Ring quilt in between my other projects. I found the background fabric I was looking for so I’m making progress. 😉
7. Work on the bindings that need to be stitched. Almost everything is finished!
8. Start planning a new project for Little Green Apples Blog Hop hosted by Carol from Just Let Me Quilt. I have a plan!
9. Do not allow Sam or any of her squirrel friends to distract me any more this week. 🐿💕🐿 Samantha was able to distract me this week when I started playing with scraps and the RSC colour; blues! 😉
This week’s goals:
1. Keep working on my EPP, embroidery and leader/ender projects.
2. When I get back to the studio make quilting my Roll of the Dice quilt the priority and get the binding put on. Should be able to make a trip at the end of the month. 😃
3. Finish my second Heading North quilt, designed by Sandra of MMM Quilts.
4. Finish my post for Shades of Blue being hosted by Carla of Creatin’ in the Sticks.
5. Finish my projects for I’m Kinda Sweet on You Blog Hop hosted by Joan from MooseStash Quilting.
6. Keep working on my Dresden blocks and Double Wedding Ring quilt in between my other projects. 😉
7. Work on the last binding that needs to be hand stitched.
8. Start planning a new project for Little Green Apples Blog Hop hosted by Carol from Just Let Me Quilt.
9. Keep working on my RSC Challenge blocks.
10. Do not allow Sam or any of her squirrel friends to distract me at all this week. 🐿💕🐿
Another ambitious list in a week where I have meetings scheduled every day except Friday, but several of my projects are long term ones. Thursday and Saturday I will be hosting our quilting days at the Guild. We are up to our eyeballs planning and preparing for our Annual Fundraiser in April so a good portion of my time will be tied up with that bit of fun. 😅
Kate from Life in Pieces hosts a weekly linky party to help us keep to our goals of stitching every day.
I’m trying for at least 30 minutes a day this year, and have my week set as Sunday to.
- January 14/14
- this week 7/7
- Previous Total 7/7
- Total: 14/14
- Percentage = 100 %
To see how our blogging friends are doing check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I like to link with Donna @ QuiltPaintCreate to keep track of fabric in and out of my stash.
- Fabric Used: 0 yards
- Fabric Purchased this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Previous Balance: 100 yards
- Balance in stash to use this year: 94 yards
* my goal is to lessen my stash by 100 yards this year. I haven’t managed to actually figure out how much fabric I really have in my stash so it just seems reasonable to keep working from stash. I have reduced my stash these past few years and really only purchase fabric if I need it for a particular project. 😉
* any fabric used from the scrap bins, was gifted or a prize; doesn’t count as stash!
PHD in 2022
Quilting Gail is hosting her PHD in 2023 Challenge again this year.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my post. Your comments make my day and I do reply to each one. 😉 Carol
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Quilt Schmilt