I’ll be linking up with To-Do Tuesday Link Party which is the first of my parties.
I’m hoping you all had a Happy New Year, found time to be with family and are starting the year off happy, healthy and finding time to play with fabric.
My week went well and I managed to get away to the studio. I wasn’t able to get away as early as I would have liked so I did run in to some rain, sleet and snow, but it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. 😉
I stopped in at Divine Sew to pick up a quilt which is a quilty hug for D. I couldn’t very well quilt it in front of her so Kerstin was doing the work on this one for me. While I was there I got to see some of her latest work. She does beautiful quilts, and loves to do the embroidery and appliqué. The longarm side of her business is thriving. While I was there I got to see several of her recent finishes for her customers. Her custom quilting is exemplary.
1. Keep working on my hand quilting, EPP projects and leader/ender projects. Some progress 😁
2. When I get back to the studio next, make the time to quilt my version of A Roll of the Dice which is on the frame and get the commission quilt quilted. Just managed to get a quilt back on the frame. The furnace man had come to do a service on the furnace and had moved the longarm frame so it was out of level. I realized this will happen each time he comes because of the location of the furnace so my first two days at the studio were spent dismantling the frame, rearranging furniture and then setting up the frame and getting it levelled again. 😓
3. Finish my second Heading North quilt, designed by Sandra of MMM Quilts. No progress.
4. Finish my project for Shades of Blue being hosted by Carla of Creatin’ in the Sticks. Some progress but no sneak peeks available! 😉
5. Start on my project for I’m Kinda Sweet on You Blog Hop once I decide what to do. Decision made and sewing has begun! 😉
6. Keep working on my Dresden blocks and Double Wedding Ring quilt in between my other projects. I found the background fabric I was looking for so I’m making progress. 😉
7. Do not allow Sam or any of her squirrel friends to distract me any more this week. 🐿💕🐿
This week’s goals:
1. Keep working on my hand quilting, EPP projects and leader/ender projects.
2. When I get back to the studio make quilting my Roll of the Dice quilt the priority and get the binding put on.
3. Finish my second Heading North quilt, designed by Sandra of MMM Quilts.
4. Finish my project for Shades of Blue being hosted by Carla of Creatin’ in the Sticks.
5. Finish my project for I’m Kinda Sweet on You Blog Hop hosted by Joan from MooseStash Quilting.
6. Keep working on my Dresden blocks and Double Wedding Ring quilt in between my other projects. 😉
7. Do not allow Sam or any of her squirrel friends to distract me at all this week. 🐿💕🐿
Kate from Life in Pieces hosts a weekly linky party to help us keep to our goals of stitching every day.
I’m trying for at least 30 minutes a day this year, but also am allowing myself the guiltless days when real life was too busy, emotional or just trying. It’s been a year so far and it doesn’t seem as if life will allow me to get back to my peaceful days of fondling fabric, at least not quite yet.
- January 31/31
- February 28/28
- March 26/31
- April 6/30
- May 13/31
- June 25/30
- July 28/31
- August 24/31
- September 17/30
- October 11/31
- November 13/30
- December 26/31
- this week 5/7
- Previous Total 242/358
- Total: 247/365
- Percentage = 67.67 %
I am satisfied with the projects and quilting time I had this year. I can only hope 2023 will be better for us all 🤗
To see how our blogging friends are doing check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I like to link with Donna @ QuiltPaintCreate to keep track of fabric in and out of my stash.
- Fabric previous balance: -1.75 Yards
- Fabric Used: 7 yards
- Fabric Bought: 0 yards
- Balance in stash to use this year: -8.75 Yards. I succeeded! 👊🏻
* my goal is to lessen my stash by 100 yards this year. I haven’t managed to actually figure out how much fabric I really have in my stash so it just seems reasonable to keep working from stash. I am doing a happy dance since I did manage to reduce my stash. I only bought fabric as I needed it for a project and the balance now fits in just one cupboard including my backing fabrics. My precuts and scrap saver system now fits in my three little drawer units. 😁
* any fabric used from the scrap bins, was gifted or a prize; doesn’t count as stash
PHD in 2022
Quilting Gail is hosting her PHD in 2023 Challenge again this year.
I’m back on the road heading home tomorrow. I’ll write another post on my goings on at the studio once I’m home.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my post. Your comments make my day and I do reply to each one. 😉 Carol
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ QuiltPaintCreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
In closing I would like to send my thanks to all of you who have joined me this past year and wish you all a very Happy New Year filled with good health, lots of time with family and friends, much laughter and sew much time to be creative and prosperous. 🤗 Carol