I’ll be linking up with To-Do Tuesday which is still being hosted by Linda from Texas Quilt Gal until the end of the year 😳 when I will become the new host. I will be popping over to make sure I go see what everyone else is planning for the upcoming week.
I’m hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas weekend filled with laughter, family, friends, great food and the chance to make wonderful new memories. 🎄☃️🤶🏻❄️
I had a fun filled week starting with travelling to the studio on Monday. D is having a rough time emotionally, but did manage to get most of her Christmas decorations up. I helped with rest and some other chores that needed doing. We were hit with a huge snowfall and -28 Celsius weather so it took me the better part of 2 days to get the driveway shovelled since I can only do 10 minutes work outside at a time and then need to warm up and catch my breathe. We both managed some sewing time and I confess to enjoying several Christmas movies and the Christmas lights a lot. I came home Thursday night before the busy holiday travel day. I was trying to beat the forecasted snowstorm, but didn’t quite make it. It was so miserable I couldn’t even get decent photos on the ferry of all their pretty decorations. If I can get away again soon I’ll share some photos. 😉
Since I’ve been home DH and I have been taking turns shovelling and then resting and then shovelling some more. At least we no longer have the -28 Celsius temperatures.
Our Christmas was filled with football, sewing, shovelling and many chats and FaceTime visits with my kids, grands and great grands. As I suspected DH wanted barbecue burgers for dinner so it was easy to make him happy. 😉🎄❄️☃️🤶🏻
1. Keep working on my hand quilting, EPP projects and leader/ender projects. Some progress and Sam, my squirrel sidekick, talked me in to starting another one for an upcoming Hop project.
2. When I get back to the studio, if time allows, I need to quilt my version of A Roll of the Dice which is on the frame. The weather did not allow for any long arm time since I was tied up shovelling snow! 😉
3. Finish my second Heading North quilt, designed by Sandra of MMM Quilts. No progress.
4. Finish my project for Shades of Blue being hosted by Carla of Creatin’ in the Sticks. Some progress but no sneak peeks available! 😉
5. Start on my project for I’m Kinda Sweet on You Blog Hop once I decide what to do. Decision made and progress has begun! 😉
6. Do not allow Sam or any of her squirrel friends to distract me any more this week. 🐿💕🐿 My little buddy did manage to turn my head and sidetrack me with a new project which will work for a Blog Hop project. 😉. I also got a commission for a quilt which needs to be delivered in a week! Guess I’ll be heading back to the studio asap. 😁
I also managed to find a background fabric I liked for my Dresdens and finished a couple of more arcs for my Double Wedding Ring blocks and have my final layout decided on.. 😁
This week’s goals:
1. Keep working on my hand quilting, EPP projects and leader/ender projects.
2. When I get back to the studio next, make the time to quilt my version of A Roll of the Dice which is on the frame and get the commission quilt quilted.
3. Finish my second Heading North quilt, designed by Sandra of MMM Quilts.
4. Finish my project for Shades of Blue being hosted by Carla of Creatin’ in the Sticks.
5. Keep working on my project for I’m Kinda Sweet on You Blog Hop.
6. Keep working on my Dresden blocks and Double Wedding Ring quilt in between my other projects. 😉
7. Do not allow Sam or any of her squirrel friends to distract me at all this week. 🐿💕🐿
Kate from Life in Pieces hosts a weekly linky party to help us keep to our goals of stitching every day.
I’m trying for at least 30 minutes a day this year, but also am allowing myself the guiltless days when real life was too busy, emotional or just trying. It’s been a year so far and it doesn’t seem as if life will allow me to get back to my peaceful days of fondling fabric, at least not quite yet.
- January 31/31
- February 28/28
- March 26/31
- April 6/30
- May 13/31
- June 25/30
- July 28/31
- August 24/31
- September 17/30
- October 11/31
- November 13/30
- December 21/24
- this week 4/7
- Previous Total 239/351
- Total: 242/358
- Percentage = 67.60 %
To see how our blogging friends are doing check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I like to link with Donna @ QuiltPaintCreate to keep track of fabric in and out of my stash.
- Fabric previous balance: 9.75 Yards
- Fabric Used: 7 yards
- Fabric Bought: 4 yards
- Balance in stash to use this year: 6.75 Yards. I’m so close 🤞🏻
* my goal is to lessen my stash by 100 yards this year. I haven’t managed to actually figure out how much fabric I really have in my stash so it just seems to be reasonable to set a goal to continue working from my stash.
* any fabric used from the scrap bins, was gifted or a prize; doesn’t count as stash
PHD in 2022
Quilting Gail is hosting her PHD in 2022 Challenge again this year.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my post. Your comments make my day and I do reply to each one. 😉 Carol
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal
In closing I would like to send my thanks to all of you who have joined me this past year and wish you all a very Happy New Year filled with good health, lots of time with family and friends, much laughter and sew much time to be creative and prosperous. 🤗 Carol