I’m having too much fun with the SAHRR. Quite a few of our quilty friends got together to create a fun stay at Home Round Robin with each of them choosing the next border to surround the centre medallion.
This week Roseanne and Sue at Home Sewn By us chose checkerboards.
With my Medallion Quilt I am trying to focus on two things; to work from my stash, and to create a quilt with plenty of opportunities to play with negative space when quilting it.
I started with my medallion;
I was tied up with other goings on, wanting to keep this quilt smaller, and so chose to combine the next 2 clues (piano keys and plus signs) in the next round. The following clue was flying geese so I had mine migrating away from each other around just two corners.
This week the clue was checkerboards so I played a bit and came up with this;
Have you been sewing along with the designers for this fun project?
If not I will post the list and schedule below. You can still catch up. 😉 Carol
- Chris @ Chrisknitssews – January 18th – Round One
- Emily @ The Darling Dogwood – January 25th – Round Two
- Anja @ Anja Quilts – February 1st – Round Three
- Roseanne and Sue Home Sewn By Us on February 8th – Round Four
- Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life – February 15th – Round Five
- Susan @ Quilt Fabrication – February 22nd – Round Six
- Gail @ Quilting Gail – February 28th – Round Seven
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- SAHRR linky Home Sewn By Us
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Slice of Pi Quilts