Since 2013 Shelly from Prairie Moon Quilts has a monthly block challenge with some amazing results. Here are the statistics from Shelley’s blog.
- • 111 participants signed up this year.
- • Of those 111, we had 98 reporting participants.
- • Of those 98 reporting participants, 75 were considered active participants, by reporting in at least 6 times during the year.
- • Of those 75 active participants, 58 made it past the 350 mark!
- • Twenty of us made it past 1000! That is way more than have ever made it past 1000 in any year! And . . . two of us made over 2000 blocks — WOW! Were we stuck at home or something? Haha!
- • The greatest number of blocks made by one participant was once again Christopher, with 2425 blocks. Wow!
- • The average number of blocks made by our group each month was 4723. That’s dangerously close to 5000 quilt blocks a month — I think we could cover the entire world with quilts! But isn’t that what quilters do?
- • The total number of blocks made in 2020 by our entire group was 56,674.”
The new 350 Block Project kicks off on January 15th.
I know I’ll be joining in. It was so much fun to see how my stats held up next to everyone else’s. 😉 Carol
2 thoughts on “350 Block Project”
Mine stank this year, but I did report more than 6 times, and was actively counting every month. Even when there was nothing to count. What comes after zero again? LOL Off to a better start for this year. Congratulations to you for doing so well.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Susan. It was fun to actually count them 😉