Another week of getting my I like/love thoughts together has me pulling social media posts and memes to try to fit my thoughts into words.
Not only are we still dealing with the spiking Covid 19 numbers, we are seeing more mass death and attacks, peaceful protesters being shot, gassed or hauled away in the middle of the night, people wearing masks with swastikas and so many more horrors that are too numerous to mention.
How are you coping with all of this? My choice is to try to find humour or beauty somewhere every day. My other coping mechanism is putting my head down and focussing on creating.
In one way this one sums it up pretty well:
“So we’re into our 5th month of defeating COVID-19. These words made me laugh but there’s a lot of truth mixed in to consider. . . Number 10 is my favorite. Let me know your favorite if you get a chance
1. So let me get this straight, there’s no cure for a virus that can be killed by sanitizer and hand soap?
2. Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree yet? I have run out of things to do.
3. When this virus thing is over with, I still want some of you to stay away from me.
4. If these last months have taught us anything, it’s that stupidity travels faster than any virus on the planet, particularly among politicians and bureaucrats.
5. Just wait a second – so what you’re telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? You’re kidding, right?
6. People are scared of getting fined or arrested for congregating in crowds, as if catching a deadly disease and dying a horrible death wasn’t enough of a deterrent.
7. If you believe all this will end and we will get back to normal just because we reopen everything, raise your hand. Now slap yourself with it.
8. Another Saturday night in the house and I just realized the trash goes out more than me.
9. Whoever decided a liquor store is more essential than a hair salon is obviously a bald-headed alcoholic!
10. Remember when you were little and all your underwear had the days of the week on them. Those would be helpful right now.
11. The spread of Covid-19 is based on two factors: 1. How dense the population is and 2. How dense the population is.
12. Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
13. It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear it’s going to take a whole vineyard to home school one.
14. Did a big load of pajamas so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.” From a social media post by Marian Pena.
On the other hand, I will confess to loving Christmas in spite of my DH being the biggest Grinch ever. I was reminded this last couple of weeks while getting ready for Carol’s Christmas in July (then and now) blog hop how I used to decorate and how most of my family still does. So I got busy and made a few special items for family for Christmas in the belief that we will have reasons to celebrate.
I admit to really liking being able to take part in blog hops. Not only do I finish up a project but I love the exercise my brain gets trying to come up with a perfect project and either sharing someone else’s special design or creating my own.
I seem to have become addicted to doing scrappy quilts. I really like this last one:
Summer has hit here in full force the past two days. We have had severe heat warnings and it looks like they will be continuing for several more days. I am really loving our little patio. All of the work has been worth it just to be able to sit outside in the shade and read or do some handwork. Now we (I) just need to finish putting up the fence and staining the cedar. You have to love the smell of cut cedar.
Have you stopped by LeAnna’s Blog I like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color to see all the other I Like/love posts? It’s always fun to see what everyone thinks and feels. 😉 Carol