My list for March was a very moderate one for me. I had some success and finishes, work on some and no progress on others due to the world crisis causing some adjustments having to be made to our lives. DH and I are self isolated because we are in the high risk category. It is an adjustment to have all medical appointment, procedures and tests canceled so the medical staff is available to help deal with COVID 19. The good news is, it means we can all stay home and sew more!
My March OMG was a lot of little goals and WIP’s to advance.
1. Keep working on the Memory Quilt. Did some work on trimming and stabilizing the tshirt pieces. Design is still not finalized.
2. Redesign the scrappy leader/ender project. Had to get Jack out to do some adjusting but it’s coming along.
3. Finish quilting Star Crossed Plaid (pattern by Pretty Piney) and get the binding on so it can be shipped out to my great granddaughter. This was a UFO from November 2019. This is my Favourite finish of the month! I kept the quilting fairly sparse on this so it would be soft and cuddly. My shoulder isn’t working as well as I’d like for FMQ or rulerwork, but it’s done and I’m satisfied. Finished and ready to go in the mail.
4. Work out the final layout of the Vortex Quilt that has the blocks completed and audition border fabrics. Layout is finalized and just waiting it’s turn to be sewn together.
5. Work on finishing my knitted socks. Had to rip these back and start over. It’s been so long since I knit socks I missed seeing a mistake until I had the gusset made! 🤔
6. Finish my rag rug. 3/4 done. Have to cut more strips to finish.
7. Take care of any squirrels that swing by my sewing space, including the new Project Quilting 11.6 challenge which will be an entirely new project.
I also forgot to add my project for the QQQ Making Us Laugh Blog Hop. My project was a quilt which I wasn’t able to finish quilting because I was short the right coloured thread. It is ordered and should be here this week so I can get it done.
Then of course I had to do another project for the hop because this one wasn’t finished. The squirrels were busy visiting me so I made this:
This little guy will hang above my table to remind me that I don’t have to pay attention to every squirrel that visits me!
After that I got busy making masks. 127 to date 😷
All in all I am satisfied with how things progressed in March. My biggest wish is that all of the quilters in our world are safe at home and healthy. Stay safe, sew lots, and take the time to go for a walk if you can. Even though we woke up to snow again on the 23 and 24, I’m pretty sure spring has sprung!
Thanks for visiting! 😄 Carol