Can you believe it’s October already? I sure can’t. The weathers here is still mild, the leaves are just starting to fall and there is just a skiff of snow high up on the ridges.
As of tomorrow it will be one month since my surgery so my goals for the month will have to be realistic since I still have 5. Ore weeks of being in a sling full time. 🥴
I have my class next weekend at the Guild. It’s really exciting this year. I have several of my regulars back again and 2 new quilters starting out. I have patterns printed and my bin of fat quarters for them to choose from. I love teaching these ladies and by the end of winter they will both have finished a Sampler Quilt and learned to do a QAYG method for finishing.
So my first goal was to prepare for a new year of teaching.
My other goals for the month are:
– finish knitting my shawl I started post surgery.
– cut out my next four quilts that patterns are printed and fabrics are pulled for.
– keep working on sewing hst’s and 4 patches from my scraps. Play with the pieces to start designing a new scrappy quilt.
– keep up with exercising, trying not to overdo it and don’t let myself dwell on the things I can’t do. 🥴. Try not to be short with DH when he nags me to sit down.
– get ready to work the polls on Our federal Election Day. It will be Oct.21,2019 and I am not working the advance polls this year. I checked back in my records and I have been working both federal and provincial Elections for 32 years! I do enjoy doing my civic duty, but the 14 hour days might be getting to be a bit much for me. DH insists I should retire.
All in all, I think it’s a doable list since there is nothing too major on the list. I will have to see if any squirrels visit or demand some attention!
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you all are having fun playing with fabric and fondling it for me 😉 Carol