I’ll be linking up with To-Do Tuesday which is being hosted by Linda from Texas Quilt Gal and making sure I go see what everyone else is planning for the upcoming week.
It’s been two weeks since I managed to link up with Linda, but life has been getting in the way of my quilting time. I’ve been back to the studio twice to help K and D, volunteered to help organizing and cleaning at the Guild getting ready for a busy fall and winter with (hopefully) a lot of activities.
I was saddened by the loss of our Queen Elizabeth II and thought of my father’s experience, seeing her as a young queen when he was in the RCAF. She ruled with dignity and was much loved by her people. Now we are being treated to seeing all of the ceremony and dignity of a Queen’s passing. I am actually enjoying watching some of the news for a change.
DH has had some issues necessitating doctors appointments and tests. As if it isn’t bad enough he has MS, he now has arthritis in his baby toe! The good news is the fact that he is still golfing! Today we finally got some rain which hopefully will help clear out some of the smoke we have been having issues with. It has been so thick we could barely see the closest ridge line let alone the ridges behind them.
As usual when you have family there have been some good times and some concerns. My granddaughter moved again with her new job and promptly had a seizure in the bathroom on her third day at the new location. After an MRI and CTScan, the doctors believe it was caused by an out of kilter blood sugar level. Her two children have started in their new schools and really like them. It’s very important they do (their last school wasn’t very good) as both children have ADHD and my great grandson is on the Autism Spectrum as well.
My son in law is almost ready to move to his new position in Serbia, Ontario. My daughter is not moving with him as he will likely only be there for a year. Then the plan is for them to move to America with his next promotion!
My grandson’s partner just spent a couple of weeks in Newfoundland so that Grace could meet that side of the family. They had a wonderful visit and it is so good to see that Grace’s therapy is working and she can now walk normally and had so much fun splashing in the puddles and walking the shoreline by the ocean!
1. Keep working on my hand quilting and EPP projects. Some progress.
2. Keep working on my pattern test since everything is cut now. No progress.
3. When I get back to the studio, if time allows, I need to finish quilting my version of Sandra Walker’s, A Roll of the Dice. Once again I didn’t manage any time with the longarm which has the quilt on the frame.
4. Finish next Blog Hop projects, and get my posts written. The first hop is done and published. The next two are in now works in progress.
5. Hand sew the binding on the Panel quilt and get the threads buried. Binding is finished and threads are now buried.
6. Do not allow Samantha to sidetrack me this week. 😁🐿. Once again my inner squirrel, Samantha, convinced me to volunteer to do a pattern test. 😉
This week’s goals:
1. Keep working on my hand quilting and EPP projects.
2. Keep working on my pattern test since everything is cut now.
3. When I get back to the studio, if time allows, I need to quilt my version of A Roll of the Dice which is on the frame.
4. Finish next Blog Hop projects, and get my posts written.
5. Do not allow Samantha to sidetrack me this week. 😁🐿
Kate from Life in Pieces hosts a weekly linky party to help us keep to our goals of stitching every day.
I’m trying for at least 30 minutes a day this year, but also want to at least spend 30 minutes a week tidying up and dealing with scraps.
- January 31/31
- February 28/28
- March 26/31
- April 6/30
- May 13/31
- June 25/30
- July 28/31
- August 24/31
- September 10/30
- this week 7/7
- Previous Total 177/232
- Total: 191/253
- Percentage = 75.49 %
To see how our blogging friends are doing check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I like to link with Donna @ QuiltPaintCreate to keep track of fabric in and out of my stash.
- Fabric previous balance: 66.5 Yards
- Fabric Used: 7 yards
- Fabric Bought: 0 yards
- Balance in stash to use this year: 59.5 Yards
* my goal is to lessen my stash by 100 yards this year. I haven’t managed to actually figure out how much fabric I really have in my stash so it just seems to be reasonable to set a goal to continue working from my stash.
* any fabric used from the scrap bins, was gifted or a prize; doesn’t count as stash
PHD in 2022
Quilting Gail is hosting her PHD in 2022 Challenge again this year.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my post. Your comments make my day and I do reply to each one. 😉 Carol
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ QuiltingPatchworkApplique
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- Monday Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal