I’ll be linking up with To-Do Tuesday which is being hosted by Linda from Texas Quilt Gal and I’m late 😳
These past weeks have been busy and crazy with so much travelling and very little time with my machines. It started with my epic trip to Alberta for Clarke’s memorial service.
Then I travelled to the studio to work on a commission quilt and help K and D with some spring chores (moving tires out of the basement for a changeover, cleaning and meal prep, etc.).
DH called and I had to drop everything and come home. I did laundry and then packed our bags the next morning. We headed to Sandpoint, Idaho to visit his sister in law and her hubby. We hadn’t been there for three years of course, but had reasons to make this trip which I won’t go in to. While we were there we ventured out to a car show and managed a couple of hours before DH was tired.
We came home the day before DH had a doctors appointment, but having a break that was stress free was so much fun! Crossing the border back in to Canada had us a bit concerned because we had heard horror stories of people using the ArriveCan App but it was painless and setting up the app had only taken me a half hour.
Since we have been home it’s been doctors appointments for DH and meetings for me.
I am back at the studio to spend some time with K, D and my longarm this week. I have a commission and I had a squirrel attack arise that need to be dealt with 😉
Last To-Do list:
1. Keep working on my hand quilting and EPP projects. Made some progress on both projects, just need to update my photos.
Make the time to get my photos and post written for the Foodie Blog Hop.
3. Pull my fabrics for Here Comes the Sun Blog Hop in June. Changed my mind for both project and fabric. Just need to get started. 😳
4. Start the new pattern test. Fabrics are all cut; just need some time to sew. 🤔
5. Get to work on a new commission due in 1 week 😳 Some progress.
6. Do not allow Samantha or any other squirrels distract me this week. 🐿😉🐿. Didn’t happen. I tore our apartment apart again to rework my sewing and storage space.
This week’s goals:
1. Keep working on my hand quilting and EPP projects.
2. Try to get my project for Here Comes The Sun progressing.
3. Keep working on my pattern test since everything is cut now.
4. Finish my commission. Just need to finish piecing the borders and get it quilted. 😳
5. Start a new commission with these sweet fabrics:
6. Finish making a baby quilt by the 9th. Fabrics are pulled, pressed and cut. 😳
7. Do not allow Samantha to distract me with any other projects this week. 🐿🤔
Kate from Life in Pieces hosts a weekly linky party to help us keep to our goals of stitching every day.
I’m trying for at least 30 minutes a day this year, but also want to at least spend 30 minutes a week tidying up and dealing with scraps.
Since my last To-Do List I have not managed to keep to my goal of stitching every day and with the way this year has gone, I’m okay with that. I’m trying to kick start my sewing mojo with some great projects, reorganizing my sewing corner and even emptied the 3 units I keep my less than a yard pieces of fabric in to re-fold and re-sort the colour families since they had really gotten messed up.
Starting with everything tidy and organized just might be the help I needed. 😉
- January 31/31
- February 28/28
- March 26/31
- April 6/30
- this week 2/7
- This month 12/29
- Previous Total 101/120
- Total: 103/149
- Percentage = 69.13 %
To see how our blogging friends are doing check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I like to link with Donna @ QuiltPaintCreate to keep track of fabric in and out of my stash.
- Fabric previous balance: 76 Yards
- Fabric Used: 6 yards
- Fabric Bought: 8 yards
- Balance in stash to use this year: 78 Yards
* my goal is to lessen my stash by 100 yards this year. I haven’t managed to actually figure out how much fabric I really have in my stash so it just seems to be reasonable to set a goal to continue working from my stash.
* any fabric used from the scrap bins, was gifted or a prize; doesn’t count as stash
I do enjoy sharing some of your time when you read my posts and reply to each comment. 😄 Carol
Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal