As usual a bunch of friends link up with Sue and Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us to share their goal lists with all of you out in the ether world. This week Roseanne and Sue opened the linky party early so do pop over to see everyone’s eye catching projects as they move them closer to being done. This week they have an amazing post about their Sisters Blocks that Preeti designed. You can read Preeti’s post HERE about her International Sisters Blocks.
We must be getting closer to Christmas! Time seems to be flying by faster each week. Can you believe we have 4 1/2 weeks till that day and only 5 1/2 weeks to see the end of 2020 (just under 8 weeks until President Elect Biden takes office but who’s counting).
This past week I had planned on:
1. Take pictures of the quilt top for Kris. The rain or snow has not stopped until night when it’s too dark to get pictures 🤯
2. Finish sewing my test pattern for Sarah. Some progress.
3. Keep working on quilting on one of the quilts from my To Be Quilted pile. A bit more done!
4. Keep working on 3 commission projects. Almost finished one of these! My friend insisted on my using one of my flimsies from the To Be Quilted pile! Need to add to it and then get it finished.
5. Keep making items for the Christmas Hampers deadline of Nov.22. 43 Bags and 3 runners done so far. Since I ran out of metal tape, I was making runners. 3 more finished and I’m playing with a modified version of my scrappy snappy bag today.
6. Start working on my project for the;
I finalized my pattern and chose fabrics, cutting has commenced and I spent a bunch of time baking for a couple of days making old family recipes to try to choose which to share!
7. Avoid squirrels until I get some finishes off this list. I tried is all I can say 😉
On Thursday last week I went to Allan’s to make arrangements for delivery of my new machine. On my way home the news came on the radio that our province is in lockdown again. No social gathering outside of our bubble and our bubble is limited to our household and 2 regular people. It means everything at our Guild is cancelled for at least 2 weeks. Our Board is planning on no events now until next year. 😢. We suspect that not enough people will respect the guidelines and we will end up with everything closing down except essential services. It also means that Allan can not deliver my machine just yet. I’m really trying hard to be patient right now and will keep on staying home, staying safe and wearing my mask when I do need to go out.
This week I plan on:
1. Take pictures of the quilt top for Kris if the rain and snow stop long enough during daylight hours.
2. Finish sewing my test pattern for Sarah.
3. Keep working on quilting on one of the quilts from my To Be Quilted pile, technically I’m working on 2 of them with my commission job.
4. Keep working on 3 commission projects.
5. Keep making items for the Christmas Hampers deadline of Nov.22. 43 Bags and 6 runners complete so far. The deadline for these has been changed again. I have until Tuesday, Nov. 24 to finish up.
6. Finish working on my project for the Virtual Cookie Exchange & Christmas Blog Hop being hosted by Carol at Just Let Me Quilt. There are so many amazing people joining in on this one! I also need to start writing my post.
7. Start a new secret sewing project with a deadline for early next year; I do like thinking of “next year” already.
8. I give up on trying to avoid the squirrels 🐿. This week I’m just going to let them come!
So how much progress will I make? Who knows or can guess. I think the fun is in trying and keep progressing projects.
As always, I really appreciate you stopping by to read my posts! For those of you who will be celebrating Thanksgiving this week, have a wonderful day however you are celebrating. Enjoy your thankful things and above all, be safe and be well! 😄 Carol