My goals for February were:
1. To start working on a design for a Memory Quilt.
2. To keep working on my leader/ender project.
3. To keep working on getting some quilt tops sandwiched, quilted and bound.
4. Cope with having surgeries on both eyes to remove cataracts and implant lenses.
So to date I have some accomplishments and progress to report!
1. The tshirts have all been deconstructed and trimmed to size. The layout design is in progress. I knew I wouldn’t finish since my first surgery was the 3rd and the second was February 26. Having good distance sight in one eye, but needing a reading lense for the left while the right was off colour, yellow grey and fuzzy made detail work difficult. I’m happy with the progress this far.
2. The leader ender project is progressing. Those sweet little four patches have progressed to the following stage;
3. Star Crossed Plaid is three quarters quilted. Some how I have managed to misplace my ruler foot (either here or at he Guild) so had to order another one. It should be here on Saturday so this project can be completed and mailed.
As for the eye surgeries I am amazed every day at colour. White is white not a muddy, yellow grey colour. Fabric is even more of a joy to fondle, sort and enjoy all of the hues of every different colour! As of today I had my glasses taken away (I’ve worn them since I was six years old) and have to alternate between remembering to put on sunglasses to go outside, and putting on reading glasses to check emails. I’m not allowed to sew for a couple of days (DH is being overprotective about the lint coming of my fabric) or lift or bend over or sneeze so I will must do some knitting.
I did have two finishes this month both of them for Project Quilting challenges.
And I did start a pair of socks!
How has your very short month gone? Did you meet your goals?
Thanks for stopping by to read my posts. 😎 Carol