I managed to finish 2 more vinyl windowed pouches on Friday before I had to pack for our Vancouver trip.
I started with 3 – 14.5” x 22” pieces of muslin to make my outside blocks. I did two with strings and one in a wonky block format. It was fun to just be impetuous and put them together in no unplanned way.
I had fun with the Tula Pink scraps and absolutely love the blue and brown scrappy strings together.
Once the outside pieces were finished, I sandwiched them with a wool/cotton batting and my inside fabric panel. I then did some in the ditch quilting on the blocks with a neutral beige thread in both the top and the bobbin.
I put a binding strip on the top side of the vinyl and then added the vinyl to the sandwich using my clips.
I used a 2” binding and once it was pressed in half, used more clips to add it to my sandwich. I sewed the binding to the inside of the pouch and trimmed my corners. When the binding was flipped over to the outside I machine stitched it down, metering the corners.
I then then added a clear vinyl window pocket to put my project label info in.
I’m happy to get more projects finished. This quarter should be a productive one!
Linking up with Elm Street Quilts OMG https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/01/one-monthly-goal-january-finish-link-up.html
Have a great week doing things you love! 😄 Carol
2 thoughts on “More Project Bags Done!”
What a fun project! It seems to be the perfect use of the scraps you had.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Some of the scraps! lol