My Weekly Goals – To Do Tuesday #56
Chris at Chris Knits is now hosting the weekly To-Do linky party and it’s always fun to go see what everyone has done and are planning To-Do.
Last week’s list:
1. Try to get away to the studio for a couple of days to spend some quality time with the longarm. Perhaps next weekend depending on travel restrictions since it will be 2 weeks after my first shot.
2. Quilt and bind the panel quilt for the challenge. No progress; see #1.
3. Work on the secret sewing project. Layout is decided; I need at least 24 more blocks.
4. Work on my project for the Born to be Wild Blog Hop. Just need to finish it and write my post.
5. Start on a new pattern test. Fabric bought and cutting is done.
6. Start on another new pattern test. Fabric is bought, cutting is done and sewing has started.
7. Finish my topper from the last squirrel attack.
8. Avoid the squirrels! Couldn’t do it! A blog reader asked about a pattern for a quilt I’d done. After searching for hours I realized it was my pattern, so I had to Drop Everything and Make the Pattern reality. It was hard doing the math since my quilt top is sitting in a bin at the studio!
This week’s goals:
1. Try to get away to the studio for a couple of days to spend some quality time with the longarm.
2. Quilt and bind the panel quilt for the challenge.
3. Continue to work on the secret sewing project. I need 72 blocks I think.
4. Finish my project and write my post for the Born to Be Wild Blog Hop.
5. Start sewing the pattern test for B.
6. Continue working on the second pattern test.
7. Write my post for the scrappy quilt after I finish making the test blocks since I decided to try it with 2 1/2” squares as well as my original 2” squares. Did I say Math is hard?
8. Try harder to avoid the squirrels this week. 🐿
I’m trying for at least 15 minutes a day, but also want to at least spend 15 minutes tidying up and dealing with scraps.
- Previous time – 114/122
- This week – 7/7
- Year To Date – 121/129
To see how our blogging friends are doing check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
It was a bad week. I have 2 pattern tests to do and just didn’t have any fabric that worked. I had to go to my favourite LQS, wait outside until one of the 4 patrons left (yes we are back to strict limits in stores again) and then try to speed shop since there were other people waiting to get in.
- Fabric previous balance: 67 yards
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 10 yards
- Balance in stash: 77 Yards
* any fabric used from the scrap bins, was gifted or a prize; doesn’t count as stash
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting